Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 13, 2012 - Mother's Day

Sunday, May 13 (Desert Tuesday)
Today was Mother's Day.  Bruce had to go to work, but I got to sleep in.  I woke up to a tray of beautiful home-made flowers, a card, and a warm cup of tea!


...not to mention Shadow taking up most of the bed!


Here, Brooke is doing her science experiments and Reese is watching.


Here she has mixed yeast with hydrogen peroxide.  The oxygen is filling the balloon.




Now they'll see what happens when she cuts off oxygen to a lit candle.



Even the dogs are watching.



Time for algebra.



Reese, Brooke, and I ate dinner at the Tandoori Restaurant with Cene', Micaela, and Gabriele.  Afterwards, Reese went to the Bible study with Gabriele.




Their Indian bread is delicious!  Cene' likes to dip it in hummus.


Afterwards, I showed her around the ballpark area and she got a coffee drink in the coffee shop.


A lot of Arab children like to hang out at the ballpark area.  Here, they're ordering drinks.


Jordan is showing me the work from her Arabic class.  She had to write questions and another student had to answer them.



She's really enjoying this subject.  Everywhere we go, Jordan likes to see if she can read the signs in Arabic.  Maybe some day she'll become a spy because of her knowledge of Arabic!

Thanks for checking us out!

- Pattie -

No comments:

Post a Comment