My first class this morning was AP Literature and Composition, where I learned the true meaning of the word "rhetoric". http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhetoric
Although I knew I signed up for an AP class, I was a bit surprised at the size of the textbook I found waiting for me on my desk. I think it's heavier than I am! I got my first homework assignment ever, and although it's not a difficult assignment, I'm sure that will change. After class I walked three doors down to my Photo in Design class in the computer lab. All the equipment, including the monitors, keyboards, and mouse pads are new, so water bottles and snacks aren't allowed. We basically just messed around on Photoshop and a design program today. Then came AP Economics, but unfortunately they haven't found a teacher for that class yet, so we just took a break in the computer lab where we goofed off and surfed the web. Once the bell rang, we filed out of the classroom and I headed to the cafeteria for lunch. I had a cheese croissant and water for lunch (they ran out of all the good stuff) and sat down with some new girlfriends. I hope that they weren't prepared for the hungry masses today and that there will be plenty tomorrow. My last class of the day was Yearbook which was also in the computer lab.
Since today was the first day, we didn't do much. We just learned the rules and how each class was going to work. Tomorrow will be all new classes, since the school day is split in half. Saturday is Day C when we do all eight periods, then Day A, Day B, Day A, and Day B again. I know- it's confusing! Today was a Day A, so tomorrow will be Day B when I will do Chemistry Honors, P.E., Arabic I, and Algebra II. I had fun today even though it was hard for me to sit still for so long in each class. I'm looking forward to school tomorrow!
-- Jordan --


No comments:
Post a Comment