Sunday, April 29, 2012

March 17, 2012 - International Day

Saturday, Mar. 17
My school had an International day when everyone was encouraged to dress up in their traditional cultural clothing to represent their home countries.  For lunch, everyone brought a dish from their country, and we got to try foods from all over the world.  It was so crowded, though; it was hard to even reach the booths.  I brought chocolate chip cookies--I had to bake them all by myself since my family was skiing in Utah.  After lunch,w e watched an international fashion show and some dances and acts performed by kids from other countries.  I learned a lot about the diverse backgrounds of the kids I go to school with every day.

Here are some pictures of some of the amazing costumes and where they're from:

China:


Turkey:


An African country, maybe Somalia?  I can't remember = P



Jordan (the country, not me):


Nigeria:


Libya:


Lebanon:


Indonesia:


India:


Columbia:


Austria:


America =D


Pakistan and India:




Indonesia: (Their dance was sooo cool!  The people in green would hold hands and the people in pink would hold hands and they would do this twirly thing.


More America:


Lebanon:


Egypt: (Nora's costume was so pretty.  Every time she took a step, the coins on her hip would jingle.)


Pakistan:


Jordan <><

No comments:

Post a Comment