Tables were set up for the food donations and labeled by the area of the world which the food came from. I love looking at all the moms at the tables.
Here are the Middle Eastern moms.
And the Asian moms.
and North American.
Jordan asked me to bake an apple pie. I joined the other mothers at the North American table to serve the American food.
When the students were let out for lunch, it was a mad-house. They purchased tickets that could be exchanged at any table.
One mother made cookies in the shape of the state of Texas.
Then the kids enjoyed their food and mingled.
These are Jordan's friends: Haley, Jordan, Evan, Emily, Angie, Adam, Danielle, and Kelcy. They're all American and Canadian.

This is Jordan's friend, Maha.


Then the students assembled for the cultural fashion and talent show.
I had a terrible time getting clear pictures with the students moving so quickly, but it was fun to see where all the kids came from. This is the fashion show.


This is the principal.
There was a lot of cheering and screaming and the audience was very pumped up when the songs and dances began.
When the American National Anthem was sung, I was sad to see only a few students stand up since this is an American school.







The kids all had a blast. I think this is the coolest way for such an international school to celebrate everyone's heritage.
- Pattie -
No comments:
Post a Comment